SPSP and its affiliated societies recognize the contributions of those who are advancing the boundaries of personality and social psychology. Given annually and selected by panels of peers, these awards highlight and honor leaders within the field. Winners are recognized at the SPSP annual convention each year. The awards are organized into eight categories:
- Senior Career Contribution Awards (for sustained contributions across long and productive careers)?
- Mid-Career Awards (for mid-career scholars approximately 15-25 years from their first tenure-track appointment)?
- Early Career Awards?(for young researchers between 3 to 7 years into their first academic faculty position)
- Student Awards?(for undergraduate and graduate students)
- Teaching and Mentoring Awards?(for excellence in teaching and mentoring among faculty in settings with and without social-personality Ph.D. programs)
- Prizes for a Single Outstanding Contribution?(for specific works within a given year)
- Media Awards (for contributions to helping the general public better understand the field)?
- Service Awards?(for contributions to the field and to SPSP)
Each award has a separate nomination period and eligibility requirements. Many of our awards accept nominations (including self-nominations), and most have a nomination period of March 15 – June 1. Each category page links to individual awards pages with additional information on nomination periods, eligibility requirements, and submission instructions.?